Monday, April 4, 2011

Netbook wireless connectivity problems :(

Soo my netbook keeps disconnecting from wireless internet /wifi/wlan and I'm getting pretty frustrated and angry at it!
Info:
- Netbook: Gateway LT3106a
- Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 32x
- Atheros AR5B95 Wireless Network Adapter

* I have already tried updating the driver several times

So I would connect, and after a while, it would disconnect but reconnect automatically.
This happens randomly, there's no pattern as I can tell. Sometimes I can use it for an hour or more before that happens, but other times it can be a couple of minutes before it disconnects again.
Thing is, it's not my router, because it happens to me when I use the internet at uni as well.
Also, my other laptop works fine at home - hasn't had disconnecting problems at all.
Proximity to the router/signal strength doesn't change/help this in any way.
It's fine when using ethernet.

=/ I wonder if anyone has any answers.
It is really getting to me and I really don't recommend buying anything from Harvey Norman because this is not the first problem I've had with this product and with buying things from the store.

# netbook disconnects from wireless internet

1 comment: