Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wake up to the sunshine :) + a Bio-oil review at the end

Hey everyone :) sup?

It's nice and sunny today isn't it? :) awesome spring weather, hopefully it doesn't turn around and rain like it did on Saturday! Hot + rain = ew :(. Lols, anyways, I just woke up today :D ahhhh nothing like not having to wake up and go to uni! Anyways what should I blog about? Maybe I should have categories and switch in between them every day.. like... Technology Tuesday! Nah, I'll never keep to that. Well I don't know... Oh okay, I'll blog about a product I've used :) just like those reviewers on the internet! Hopefully people will read this and find it useful ahahah. Ok, so, I'll put it at the end of my post, so people who don't want to read the review can just stop where the black font stops :) Anways, has anyone wondered why the floppy disk (it's not even floppy, and the hard disk (remember those big black ones?) is not hard.) is still the symbol for "save"? I don't know if that's the same for mac users, but us window users have this:


I wonder how does that still mean save? To me it means Save to floppy disk drive. LOLs. Don't you find it a bit weird? I guess icons don't change even when the programs do.

Anyways, that's all for now, I'll blog again later :) or tomorrow :)

Here's my mini-not-so-formal-review on bio-oil:


Product review: Bio-oil
- Purpose (from the box/bottle): Skincare oil used for scars, stretchmarks, uneven skin tone, ageing skin, dehydrated skin
- Price: I paid $24.50 for it :) - 200mL bottle
- Started using: 30 August 2010


So I bought this product initially for my pimple scarring and, if you know me, you know that I scar heaps, and very easily! I scar from little scratches, mosquito bites, and all that - I know everyone scars from those things, but I've had my mosquito bite scars for just a little bit over a year now, and it shows no signs of fading :(. 
So I decided to give this ago, but I only used it on a few places - my arms, face and chest area :). [N.B. It is recommended to use this product twice daily for a MINIMUM OF 3 MONTHS - so you have to stick at it or else you won't see results, I havent been using it for as long but here's my review, I'll give a follow up review when it hits 3 months] Now about my face, I was using it for like around 3 weeks or something, but I was scared it was making me break out even more because it is, essentially, oil. It feels oily for a bit after application, but then if you really rub it into your skin, it'll absorb it and it'll be alright. But, I was still scared to use it on my face cos of how many pimples I have so I just use it for spot treatment about once every one-two days instead. Well where I saw a difference was on my arm, where I have this gigantic mark; it's not a birth mark, but it looks like one and I have a few scars there from vaccinations when I was younger and my whole right forearm is just marked and not really fun to look at =/. Well so I've been applying this mostly once a day because in the mornings I don't have time to apply it and then wait a bit so it doesn't go on my clothes, but I think it's actually fading. I know it's not a miracle serum which makes scars disappear, no it's not like that, but I'm seeing a bit of a difference as the mark is lighter! So, I think with peserverance, you will see results and it's up to you to try it out and it really depends on what type of scarring you have. 
Now I know 3 months minimum is a long time but I've used like maybe 1/15th of a bottle, you don't need much at all and my arm's a pretty big area. Here I'll show you a photo of how much I used.



It's a bit pricey but definately try it, or a little bottle, if you have any scars :). It smells alright, not that strong and even though it looks orange, when you apply it theres no pigment and it hardly rubs off onto your clothes.

So there's my review :) 
laters xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment